The homework for this week is to review your notes and study for our UNIT TEST on Monday, January 26!
Also due Monday 1/26:
Please finish viewing PBS Frontline's "The Rise of ISIS" and answer the following questions:
- Explain how the war against Iraq exemplifies the United States’ foreign policy of “democratization.”
- What centrifugal forces have lead to political instability in Iraq?
- Does ISIS meet the criteria for statehood? Explain.
- Who are the Kurds and where do they live?
- Why are the Kurds an example of a “stateless nation?” How are the Kurds treated by ISIS?
- How does the United States’ treatment of the Kurds differ from that of the Palestinians?
- What is ISIS’s goal in regard to the Arab nation?
- What “frontier” does ISIS literally and figuratively attempt to break down?
- Explain why ISIS can be labeled as a terrorist organization.
- Can ISIS be viewed as a centripetal force in Syria? Explain.
- After watching “The Rise of ISIS,” what implications, both positive and negative, do you think the United States’ foreign policy of democratization has had?
- In your opinion, explain who is to blame for the rise of ISIS.
A vocabulary list, practice multiple choice questions, and practice free response are available to you for extra practice. The free response questions provided here ask for very detailed information - if you can answer these questions, you should have no problem on the AP exam!
| || || |