Please note the assignment schedule:
Tuesday 3/10 (IN CLASS) - In class today, your task today is to use EBSCO to locate and read through scholarly journal entries that focus on the significance of the following events:
- Emancipation Proclamation (January 1, 1863)
- The Battle of Gettysburg (July 1863)
- Lincoln's Gettysburg Address (November 19, 1863)
- Surrender of General Robert E. Lee (April 9, 1865)
- Death of Lincoln (April 14, 1865)
You must then create an annotated bibliography entry including all sources utilized (5+). For each source, write a paragraph that includes the following:
• One sentence description of what the source is about, including the author’s thesis.
• Brief description of who the author is and what his or her credentials are.
• Brief description of the evidence the author uses to support his or her thesis.
• Concise evaluation of the author’s use of sources and the validity of his or her argument.
• Brief description of the value of the source for understanding the significance of the event and the outcome of the Civil War.
Remember, you should utilize MLA format. You may find these sources helpful in guiding your annotations:
Thursday 3/12 - Annotated bibliography activity on the Reconstruction era due at the beginning of class. More information on this assignment will be discussed in class.
Monday 3/23 - Annotated bibliography (Step 5) of research project due at the beginning of class.